Submitting photos via Geograph is a 4 step process:
- Define the square for your image - by entering or selecting the Grid Reference, searching by Placename or dragging on Map.
- Select the image to upload, and pinpointing its location on a 1:50,000 map (or Road Map in Ireland)
- Enter the title, description, category, and date (which can be read direct from EXIF in the photo)
- Confirm the Licence Terms, and attribution options
There may be an optional 5th step if choose to enter the photograph in any competitions that happen to be running at the time.
As well as the above submission process, we have the following alternatives
- Upload a Geotagged Image instead of entering location in step 1
- (either Geo Extensions to the EXIF specification, or the file named with the Grid Reference)
- Preprocess the image with Picnik online image manipulation service, transferring the image automatically to continue the above process
- Bulk upload photos using an on offline Java application, locate and describe your images offline, and then upload when ready to connect to the Internet. (note does not include the draggable icons on map)
- Upload multiple photos via Picasa image management program, fully integrates the submission process into Picasa, optimized for multiple images at once.
Login to access all the above submission options.